The consequences of unsafe food can be serious. ISO’s food safety management standards help organizations identify and control food safety hazards, at the same time as working together with other ISO management standards, such as ISO 9001. Applicable to all types of producer, ISO 22000 provides a layer of reassurance within the global food supply chain, helping products cross borders and bringing people food that they can trust.
What is the ISO 22000 Food Safety Management?
With a greater focus on risk-based thinking and aligned to ISO’s high level structure, the new ISO 22000 Food Safety Management Systems can deliver additional benefits to organizations of all sizes throughout the food chain:
- Improved control over food safety activities
- Customer, statutory and regulatory compliance
- Facilitated market growth
- Increased customer, stakeholder and consumer confidence in products
- Improved risk management
- Integration with other ISO management systems